Thursday

"On Eagle's Wings" by: Michaela Mittelstaedt



On Eagle’s Wings
I know this song is old and outdated, but I still love it. Plus it is by Josh Groban! Anyway, a few weeks ago I heard a sermon by Dr. David Watson and was extremely moved by it. I did a bit more reading on what he had to say and I was astonished. What astonished me? Eagles. We have all heard Isaiah 40:28-31…in fact we even sang a song about it on Sunday. Get your bible out, and read it! :D

Dr. Watson asked an interesting question, “why eagles?” So I looked into it. They are absolutely astonishing. I’ll share a few with you.

The mother eagle shrieks at her eggs every now and then. Weird? Yes. Important. Yes. The mother’s voice is imprinted on the baby so they can find each other at all times. When the baby eaglet starts to molt, the mother eagle sees the potential in the newly formed wings. She wrecks the nest and brings the eaglet to a cliff. She pushes the eagle off and lets it fall, at the last moment she will prevent the eaglet from crashing by swooping down and bringing it to the top. Eventually the eagle learns to soar. Eagles can also lock their wings to fly into a storm, while other birds seek shelter. Lastly, they have a membrane so they can fly into the sun away from predators.

Major analogies.  God called to us ever since we were in our mother’s womb. He is there for us and we will always be there for us. God also lets us fall, but he will also protect us from crashing. He sees the potential for growth and our ability to soar, even if we don’t and freak out. God has also set us as Christians apart because he gives us the ability to fly head on into a storm. He will send a thermal current to bring us above it. And finally, he gives us the ability to escape the wrath of others by “flying” to him, because he will protect us.

I just thought that was kinda cool and extremely amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I am actually NOT anonymous....this is Andrea...but for some reason I can comment with my name...anyway...

    Awesome Micheala! I just love this post! What a cool analogy...God is sooo smart!

    You inspired me!

    love love <3

    ReplyDelete